Here is my Granny’s Low Sodium Brown Stew Chicken dish that I know you all will love. Join us as we share our favorite recipes with you.
*Clean meat in vinegar water before seasoning, use 2 parts to 3 parts water.
Use 5 – 6 pounds of Chicken meat; *6 quarter pieces cut into 3 pieces ea.
- 2- Table Spoons Onion Powder
- 2- Table Spoons Garlic Powder
- ½ Tea Spoon Black Pepper
- 1- Tea Spoon Paprika
- 1- Tea Spoon Pimento Seeds
- 1-2 Tea Spoons Salt
- 1- Table Spoon Complete Seasoning
- 2- Tea Spoons Seasoning Salt
- 5 -6 Garlic Cloves Mashed Down
*Marinate over night for a deeper seasoning.
Hot frying pan with cooking oil for browning chicken- Do not use Coconut Oil. After ‘browning’ chicken, strain oil (burnt bits) into cooking pot, then place remaining ingredients.
- 2- Table Spoons Cooking Oil
- 3- Bay Leaves
- 5- Cut Pieces Whole Oregano Stems
- 3-5 Thyme Herb Stems
- 1- Small Onion / ¾ of Large Onion Slices
- ½ of Large Sweet Peppers –Green /Red/ Yellow
- 1- Table Spoon Burnt Sugar/ Browning
- 1-2 Tea Spoons Soy Sauce
- 2- Cups Water
- Mash 2-3 Small Slices of Ginger
- Additional Seasoning In Pot Before Simmering:
- 1- Tea Spoon Garlic Powder
- 1- Tea Spoon Onion Powder
- ¼ Tea Spoon Black Pepper
- 1- Small Whole Scotch Bonnet Pepper / Cut Open if You Dare
- Cover Pot -Cook 20: minutes Medium Heat Setting
- Taste Pot Gravy for Favor / Check Potatoes Tenderness
- Cover and Simmer for 10 -15 minutes on Low Setting
*Allow gravy to sit well for 15: mins before serving, after cooking is complete.*